And this Sunday, the holiday spirit will make a full-scale invasion of Grafton with the town-wide “Grafton Celebrates the Holidays, which starts at noon with various activities around town and culminates at 4:30 p.m. with Santa Claus’ arrival at Grafton Common, the singing of Christmas carols and the lighting of the town tree.
Gosh! Add snow and it’s a wholesome Christmas movie, complete with Hollywood-sanctioned bandstand prop!
There are 17 “Frosty” stops, each marked with the logo above. Here’s a map: graftonholidaysmap
And here’s the schedule from the Recreation Department:
- Willard House and Clock Museum, 11 Willard Street, North Grafton. The Christmas Celebration at the Willard House and Clock Museum will be held from 2 pm to 4 pm in the barn. Visitors will enjoy hot apple cider and pastries and music by Apple Tree Arts. In addition, there will be a craft activity for children. Mini-tours of the museum will be available at $3 per person on a space-available basis. Sponsored by Wachovia Securities.
- North Grafton Shopping Center, 215 Worcester Street, North Grafton. Visit the traveling petting zoo.
- Sir Loin’s Butchery & Deli, order your holiday dishes while children decorate holiday cookies.
- Pierce Plumbing & Hardware to enter our free drawing to win a wonderful basket filled with a variety of household items and pick up your $5 off coupon.
- Kut & Dry, 198 Worcester Street: Stop by Kut & Dry and receive 20% off gift certificates and buy one/get one half off on all products. Also, one free colorful hair extension, while supplies last. Hot beverages and home-baked goodies will also be served.
- Spirit of Wellness, 202 Worcester Street: Spirit of Wellness Organic Skin Spa & Massage Therapy is offering $10 off any service gift certificate sold that day. A 20% discount will be offered on the purchase of any Eminence Organic skin care product. Free skin analysis and chair massage. Christmas cookies and hot cider will be served.
- Floral Elegance, 204 Worcester Street: Holiday fun at Floral Elegance. Free “Reindeer Flower” for children under 12 (while supplies last). Enjoy refreshments and get inspired by our Holiday designs. Enter to win a festive Holiday floral (a $150.00 value). Gift certificate special.
- Grafton Pizza, 204 Worcester Street: Grafton Pizza will be taking $1 off any small pizza and $2 off any large pizza all day.
- DeKroon Salon, 1 Hollywood Drive: DeKroon Salon invites you to stop in for refreshments, complimentary gift bag, and a chance to win an exciting makeover. We look forward to seeing you, and Happy Holidays!!
- Brigham Hill Community Farm, 378 Wheeler Road, North Grafton, featuring the Grafton Land Trust, Grafton Shakespeare Club, Grafton Garden Club and Apple Tree Arts.
- Horse-drawn wagon rides, music, and refreshments will be featured at this working farm, along with activities and exhibits from some of Grafton’s non-profit organizations including Community Harvest Project, Grafton Land Trust, Grafton Shakespeare Club, and Grafton Garden Club. Apple Tree Arts will be performing at noon.
- Country Plaza/Stop & Shop, 100 Worcester Street, Grafton
- Visit Stop & Shop for free refreshments.
- At Citizen’s Bank, make a craft with holiday themes.
- At Re/Max Executive Realty, kids can have their faces painted, receive a free Frisbee while supplies last. Demonstrations by Jason Kallio from Say it With Magic from 12 pm to 3 pm. Live music with Mauri from 12 pm to 4 pm.
- CVS Pharmacy will have free make-and-take Christmas ornaments for kids.
- Visit Subway Sandwiches for a free cookie.
- Savers Bank, 96 Worcester Street, Grafton. Visit Santa’s Workshop. Elves will help kids decorate cookies and build a craft. Girls can get their fingernails done in Christmas colors.
- Santa’s Village at Grafton Suburban Credit Union: Santa is stopping by the Grafton Suburban Credit Union from noon to 3:30 pm. A free Polaroid with Santa, along with a gift for boys and girls, will be part of the fun at the Credit Union. Light refreshments provided by Romey’s. Toys-for-Tots drop off from November 24 through December 12.
- Grafton Lions Club, 86 Worcester Street, Grafton: Choose a fresh holiday tree from the Grafton Lion’s Club annual tree sale.
- Municipal Center/Food Bank Craft Fair, 30 Providence Road, Grafton: Visit the Municipal Center and see artisans and crafters bring you the finest crafts from 10 am to 3 pm. After shopping at the craft fair, cast your vote at the gingerbread house contest organized by Girl Scout Troop 21.
- Grafton Police Station, 26 Providence Road, Grafton. The Grafton Police Station will have an open house and conduct tours of their building from 11 am to 2 pm. While supplies last, child ID kits from Digkids. Light refreshments will be served.
- Highfields Golf and Country Club, 150 Magill Drive, Grafton. Highfields Golf and Country Club will have putting contests for kids with prizes. There will be raffles for free rounds of golf, free golf lessons, and gift cards to the John Henry Tavern. Also, samples of homemade chili from 12 pm to 3 pm.
- Farnumsville Firehouse, 3A Main Street, S. Grafton. Visit the Farnumsville Firehouse during its open house. Guided tours and light refreshments from 12 pm to 3 pm.
- Grafton Community Television, 296 Providence Road, South Grafton. Stop by Grafton Community Television for a tour of the studio and see how access television is made. Bring a blank VHS or DVD and record a 5-minute holiday greeting for military personnel overseas or for friends or family. Coffee and Vienna fingers will be served from 12 pm to 4 pm.
- The Community House, Nipmuc Nation, 25 Main Street, South Grafton. The Community House will be having an open house from 12 pm to 3 pm. Nipmuc Nation welcomes everyone to their tribal office and Nikkomo Celebration.
- Saddle Shed, 237 Providence Road, South Grafton. For horse lovers, stop into the Saddle Shed for special discounts this day only. Free raffles. Refreshments will be served.
- Gibson Kennels, Inc., 139 Upton Street, Grafton. Gibson Kennels’ yearly photos with Santa. Bring your dog, cat, kids, everyone is welcome! Photos professionally done. Snacks and drinks for all two-legged and four-legged friends!!
- Wong’s Chinese Restaurant, 62 Upton Street, Grafton. Stop by Wong’s Chinese Restaurant and meet their new management and friendly staff. Try a few free samples of their appetizers and some of their special dishes.
- Businesses on the Common, Grafton
- Watch the ice sculpture demonstration on the Common from 12 pm to 3 pm.
- Antiques on the Common will have an open house with holiday treats. Browse our shop for great decorating ideas from the past.
- Unitarian Universalist Society of Grafton & Upton is having a “Winter Holiday Faire” hot lunch from 12 pm to 4 pm; family concert at 1 pm, local Artisan Shoppe and Fair Trade Market, and kids activities. Enter the RAFFLE (WII CONSOLE WITH WII FIT).
- Pick up your reindeer food at Grafton Center Playschool
- At the Evangelical Congregational Church, Apple Tree Arts will present a holiday concert at 2:30 pm, featuring our Community Chorus and excellent musicians.
- The Grafton Public Library presents classical guitarist Michael Nix of NixWorks in concert from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm downstairs in the children’s room meeting area.
- Grafton Historical Society will have its Christmas Open House from 12 pm to 3 pm. You can also view the famous Peter Abbott display from 12 pm to 4 pm. Historical displays and refreshments.
- The Grafton Country Store will hold a raffle of two gift baskets filled with a variety of items. Refreshments and apple cider will be served. Drop-off site of non-perishables for the Grafton Food Bank and Toys-for-Tots.
- LePetit Spa will have an open house.
- Get your holiday beverages at Cirrus’ Wine Cellar. Specialty wines, imported beers, and gourmet teas.
- The Baptist Church of Grafton will have a display of nativity scenes in the sanctuary. Warm drinks and cookies in the church hall. Boutique of hand-crafted items will be available for sale in the church hall.
- At The Grafton Inn, Mr. Kim will be performing at 12 pm. Children will also make a “marshmallow snowman.”
- Santa will be leaving the Grafton Credit Union at 4 pm on Grafton’s own ladder truck. Join Santa for the tree lighting and sing-along beginning at 4:30 pm on Grafton Common.