A few things to be aware of as we head into the end of the week:
- There is no school tomorrow due to parent-teacher conferences in the elementary grades. Personally, I’m finding it weird to actually sit down with my daughter’s teacher for the first time in December… not because I’m a bad parent who isn’t in touch with what’s going on with my kids, but because she’s fresh from maternity leave.
- Which brings me to another point: elementary report cards for the first trimester came home yesterday. I hate, hate, HATE standards-based report cards, but at least this year the third grade standards don’t completely torture the English language.
- The North Grafton United Methodist Church’s annual fair starts Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., and continues Saturday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. If you didn’t pre-order with the Cookie Lady, this is your last chance to get your hands on some of those yummy cookies — she sent over a gingerbread man and woman over for the kiddos and, I have to say, the arm and leg they begrudgingly allowed me to nosh on were to die for.
- The full schedule for Grafton Celebrates the Holidays can be found here. I’ll be running around with my camera all day Sunday.
- And it’s not on the weekend, but you need to remember this — Tuesday is the special election on the question of modulars for the middle school, don’t forget to vote! And if for some reason you’re going to be out of town, get yourself over to the Town Clerk’s office for an absentee ballot!