All right, I’ve tallied up the various suggestions and come up with a list of Town Meeting cliches for the very first game of Town Meeting Bingo. In no particular order:
- Hidden tax
- Wait for the microphone!
- A reference to the economic climate
- Speak into the microphone
- You should have gone to Finance Committee
- A reference to people on a fixed income
- Scott Brown speaks!
- Announcement of a game score (who is playing Monday, anyway?)
- Hold! (on a budget item)
- “Keep it the way it is”
- A veiled slam at a town official
- Crowd leaves after an article vote
- Move the question!
- “I’m a lifelong resident…”
- A reference to a policy being “anti-business”
- A wait for clarification
- A motion to adjourn the meeting under Wednesday
- What about the children?
- Pass over!
- Point of order
- Out of order
- Comment through the moderator, please
- Some of us have to work tomorrow, it’s getting late
All right, take these terms and go here. Follow the directions and enter each term into the box. Hit “free bingo space” and behold: a bingo card! You can shuffle the boxes (note one term will be eliminated in favor of a free bingo space, which will be placed on the card randomly) until you have what you believe is a winning card lineup.
Print it out and bring it to Town Meeting Monday night. The game gets underway once Roger Trahan has called the meeting to order and has explained the rules of Town Meeting (you don’t get points when he explains that you have to speak through him the first time).
Mark down the time on each square when you’ve hit your cliche. Five in a row is bingo! When you hit bingo, write down the time and post your time here on Tuesday. Do NOT yell “Bingo!” I’d prefer not to get ejected from Town Meeting.
I’ll be printing up a few cards to take with me to the meeting, so if you forget a printout and still want to play, see me before my supply runs out.
Also, I believe Roger Trahan and I are still on for “2 Guys Who Like to Talk” on Wednesday, where we’ll be recapping Town Meeting (unless the darned meeting carries over until Wednesday night), so I’ll announce the first-ever Town Meeting Bingo winner there.
And yes, I’m working on a prize!