I asked readers on Facebook to caption this photo of Charlie Bolack and Selectman John Carlson, who Charlie pressed into service as he discussed his plans to honor Grafton businesses 50 years and over.
- “Our next item up for bid is this lovely photo of my family that I bought at Walmart, who will start the bidding at say one hundred dollars?”
- Two Grafton men propose to sell stuff at the Antiques Roadshow to balance the budget.
- “Hey Charlie, do you want to see time fly?”
- “Hold this up here, boy.”
- “And here we have an antique, framed photo of the Former Mass. Daily Voice staff. And a special addition: the original clock used to beat them all over the head. A rare treat.”
Charlie himself will undoubtedly tell you that he bought that podium, so he can use it whenever he wants. And he does. What would Grafton be like without its Charlie moments?