I’m hearing on Facebook from various Grafton residents who were in Boston, at the Boston Marathon, when the explosions happened.
Heather Berube reports she was a block away from the explosion when it happened and she’s now trying to get out of the city.
Ellen Dowling reports Grafton runner Marc Theroux was stopped at the 25.5 mile marker and is among the runners now being evacuated.
Elizabeth Spinney is now attempting to leave Boston — her family was at the 25 mile mark for the Dana Farber Marathon Challenge. “We heard the blasts and tried to get out of there as fast as we could!” she wrote in a message on Facebook.
Andrea Merrill reports “Merrill and Biancos are safe. Belfiores and Vaccas reported they are safe.”
Checking on runner statuses with BAA:
Three Grafton runners made it over the finish line before the explosions and were hopefully out of the Copley Square area:
- Michael O. Park, 25, bib #606 — listed at 03:01:54 at the finish line
- Justin A. Compton, 36, bib #23697 — listed at 04:00:35 at the finish line (via Ellen Dowling, his mother-in-law reports he’s okay.)
- Elyshia J. Hankin, 34, bib #13115 — listed at 03:14:00 at the finish line
Seven were on the course and evacuated:
- Lori Belfiore, 42, bib #23253 — listed at 2:05:21 at the halfway mark, did not finish
- Stephen E. Kelly, 51, bib #25394 — listed at 02:03:59 at the halfway mark, did not finish
- Marc J. Theroux, 48, bib #23516 — listed at 02:02:17 at the halfway mark, did not finish
- Robert Violette, 43, bib #24956 — listed at 02:05:24 at the halfway mark, did not finish
- Jennifer M. Heikkinen, 36, bib #23161 — listed at 02:21:15 at the halfway mark, did not finish
- Kent E. Welch, 44, bib #21625 — listed at 01:58:17 at the halfway mark, did not finish
- Marie B. Paturzo, 31, bib #23578 — listed at 01:59:14 at the halfway mark, did not finish