That must mean it’s time for Plantapalooza, the Community Harvest Project’s annual plant sale fundraiser. This year’s Plantapalooza is Saturday, May 18, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wheeler Road farm.
Proceeds from Plantapalooza support Community Harvest Project’s operations, providing funds for seeds and other farm supplies needed to grow fruits and vegetables for hunger relief, increasing access to healthy foods for more families in our community.
Included in the event will be:
- A huge selection of annuals, perennials, herbs and vegetable plants
- The Cookie Walk – take home bucket of cookies for a very low price
- FREE TOMATO PLANTS – 4 free tomato plants to the first 1,000 attendees
- Craft Sale – check out the offerings of our talented local crafters
- Food – have a bite to eat while you stroll through the plant selection
Admission to the event is free.
Plantapalooza sponsors include Dunkin’ Donuts, Polar Beverages, Sweetbriar Perennials, Worcester Garden Club, and Worcester Restaurant Group.
Community Harvest Project, Inc. is a non-profit organziation with a mission to build an engaged and healthier community by bringing volunteers together to grow fresh fruits and vegetables for hunger relief. Thousands of volunteers every year come together every year to become part of the solution to hunger in our community. In 2012, over 9,200 volunteer visitors from schools, churches, corporate and civic groups came to our farms and orchard to plant, tend and harvest over 250,000 lbs. (nearly 1,000,000 servings) of produce for hunger relief.
For more information, visit http://www.community-harvest.org.